Sayonara, baby! 11/28/22
HIIIIII it's been a hot minute!!!
Here's the update from the past three (or four?) weeks!
Mataró life is good. Teaching pool is pretty nonexistent so we've been finding up a storm. The ward is just wow. Amazing. So amazing I would consider being a Mataró resident in the future, not even a joke.
There's this tiny Filipino lady and I'm still not sure why, but every time she sees me she says, "sayonara, BABY". So of course, I now end every sentence adressed to her with "baby". She cracks up for like ten minutes every time and it boosts my ego to unhealthy levels.
We're also teaching a hoarder and each time we visit I discover new pets in her piso. It's frightening and exciting and adorable all at the same time.
We also got followed home by a Moroccan gang and were on "lockdown" for a few days. They're now talking about putting elders here which would be sad, but I don't think they'll actually pull the trigger. Lots happening around here #busy!
We've been sick all week, which means lots of phone calls and online work.
I've been focusing on this week is trying to think less of myself, because, suprise! I'm a real narcissist deep down..
I read a definition of selfishness which describes it as, “clinging to your own comfort, advantage, or position at the expense of others.” woahhhhhh no thank you. And yet, I'm guilty of it! I've been studying the Savior's life in preparation for Christmas which provides us with the perfect example of selflessness. In fact, his whole mortal journey was a sacrifice - an act of love. I love the scripture in Mattyew 16:25 that says, "For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it."
So that's it for me! Sorry for the random chain of stories!
I love you ALL. Thanks for your examples and love.
<333/ Hermana Harris







Comments
Post a Comment