Tortillas Americanas 10/24/22

 Another few weeks have passed so here's an email! This transfer is flyinggg


So much happens but I am always running out of time to write emails 🥲 here's some deets from the week:
- we had the world's worst talent show this week and it was definitely a highlight of my mission. Made me reflect deeply on the concept of confidence and it's relativity. It was awesome.
- we were casually walking through the park this week when this hunched over lady just hurled herself in front of us. 
But she wasn't actually an old lady - it was a guy in his 20s #PRANKED! And he didn't actually fall, it was just a stunt for a video #prankedagain #crzy so yeah we were unwillingly part of a prank video this week, which was sups edgy 
- we were in the grocery store last week and saw a thing that said "tortillas americanas" which actually was just pancakes
- We had 5 people on date for the 29th of October and none of them are actually going to happen except for one. It was just the strangest turn of events where it felt like everything went wrong in their lives - one is basically deathly ill right now, one had a family emergency, one got a new job and works 24/7 for the rest of the month, and the other got kicked out of their piso. So they'll get there and we're praying for them, it just won't be in the next couple of weeks. 
The baptism that hasn't fallen through is Álvaro's, and who is one of the greatest people I know. He gave us a motivational speech the other day and told us to keep knocking doors and planting seeds, and I wish I could've recorded it and sent it to every missionary in the world. He's from Barcelona, and has run into missionaries quite a few times in his life, but he was always pretty short with them. He did, however respect their kindness and the way they presented themselves. Years later when our paths crossed, he was in a place in his life where he felt more ready. 
He says his biggest regret is rejecting the missionaries before, because if he hadn't he could've served a mission himself! So anyway, we're excited for him - grateful for those missionaries that showed him kindness all those years ago!

Sometimes I feel pretty inadequate as I listen to grown up people share some pretty grown up problems. But there is not a sorrow in this world that Christ hasn't felt. 
As Elder Holland explained so beautifully:
 “I bear testimony that you cannot sink farther than the light and sweeping intelligence of Jesus Christ can reach. I bear testimony that as long as there is one spark of the will to repent and to reach, he is there. He did not just descend to your condition; he descended below it, ‘that he might be in all and through all things, the light of truth." 
Let that motivate you and fill you with hope! 

I love you all thuper much. 
Enjoy carpeted floors and pumpkin stuff this week.

❤️❤️/ Hermana Harris 


Pics:
- coolest Roman temple!!
- piano lessons with santi. Not the most patient teacher. 
- stuck at the train station!
- district council woohooooo











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

an apple a day 😵‍💫 12/6/22

wight christmas 1/2/23