Semanas 1 & 2 - Home MTC!!! 5/31/22

 I have officially graduated from online MTC!!

And yes - I'm already bad at sending weekly emails... I'll get better!

Where to start... People aren't messing around when they say that mission time is warped. Days feel like weeks and weeks feel like days. That being said, it has been so incredible! 
I was set apart as a missionary on May 15th and began MTC the next day! I am in a trio with two other Barcelona Hermanas - Hermana Bradford and Hermana Olson. I could write a novel about them. They are faithful, devoted, thoughtful, insightful, hilarious, and so fun to talk to. They are the full package and they make me laugh so hard! I love them!

I have also been blessed with a district full of gems (or bots as my dad would say) and the best teachers a missionary could ask for. I have learned so much from them! The Spirit is present in each class and I get so excited to hop on the zoom calls.  I can't wait to meet them!!! We log around 45 hours of zoom a week (stealing this stat from Hermana Olson) between classes, group tutorings, comp study, appointments, workshops, and devotionals. Each hour has been priceless! My Español is muy rough but I am taking baby steps. I'm working on being fearless and trying to not get embarrassed when I butcher things or have a valley girl accent. 

It is such a privilege to wake up each morning and wear Christ's name on my chest. Through all the uncertainty I've felt, I've been comforted through the knowledge that we aren't expected to do any of this alone. I love the scripture from D&C 6:36 which reads, "Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not." This is such a powerful reminder for me because unfortunately, my first instinct when I get down is to turn inward. The more I focus on myself, the more I get frustrated and discouraged. When we look towards God, He invites us to turn away from ourselves and find people to reach out to. In Sunday school, a brother in our ward shared that "true healing of the soul comes when we are able to look outward". I'm working on this every day! I have already experienced so much joy in the two weeks that I've been centering my life more fully around Christ. I love this gospel and I can't wait for these next four weeks of MTC where I can prepare to share it!!

So grateful for each of you and your influence on me!
Have the best week!!
Hermana Harris
















Pictures
- the best district EVER
- very blurry but mis compañeras!
- Zone conference with Dad and Sister Bailey!
- first day pic - Mom made the cutest sign and I sneezed at the wrong time
- perks of home MTC 
- P-day visit to UGA
- Georgia is beautiful! (x2)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tortillas Americanas 10/24/22

an apple a day 😵‍💫 12/6/22

wight christmas 1/2/23