Llore me un rio 6/8/22

 I am once again a Provo resident!


 I said goodbye to my Mom, Dad, Suse, and Goose early Wednesday morning and hopped on the plane to fly to Utah. Goodbyes are rough! They never get easier!! I had finally pulled it together when I saw a family with five little girls in the airport... I was a watering pot. Grandma Harris and Mea picked me up from the SLC airport and I headed down to Provo with them to get lunch with Zelle and Abs. They dropped me off at the MTC, where I was immediately greeted by my companions! I LOVE THEM!! It has been SO fun to meet everyone in person! My district is the greatest group of missionaries. So faithful and Christlike. I am blessed to be here!

This week has been filled with Spanish class (I can now pray, bear testimony, meet someone, and teach a 15 minute lesson in Spanish - progress!!!!), devotionals, discussions, lessons, etc. I have seriously loved it. Everyone is cheering each other on and so enthusiastic about this work. What a cool place. You can't walk down the hall without someone saying hi, introducing themselves and asking how you're doing, or holding a door. It's the best! I've met some incredible people!

Here's a daily rundown of my schedule:
-wake up at 6:30, get ready, shower, pray, etc
-at 7:20 ish we go to breakfast
-class from 8:30-11:30
-lunch right after until around 12:30
-comp study, personal study, language study, and helping others teaching appointments, 1 on 1 spanish tutoring depending on the day or if we have time
-dinner around 4:30
-class from 6-9
-hurry and get back to our building by 9:15 and get ready for bed, journal, pray, lights out 10:30

I had the opportunity to sing in the MTC choir and WOW!!! It was a moment I'll never forget. We sang "Be Still, My Soul", which feels perfectly applicable to pretty much every person on this planet. Life is crazy and overwhelming, but so much peace can be found through Christ and His gospel. 

I felt the Spirit in Spanish for the first time! My teacher was teaching us how to describe the Godhead (our teachers speak only in Spanish) and when he began describing Christ, a stillness washed over the room. He described the marks in His hands and we all felt the power that Christ's name holds. It was such a powerful moment! 

This Sunday was Fast Sunday, and our first Sabbath in the Provo MTC. I was deeply touched by each of the testimonies shared. A sweet sister (assigned to Denmark) shared a testimony about Christ and His Atoning Sacrifice. She explained that although we weren't living on Earth at the time of Christ's crucifiction, we watched His last three days. In fact, we watched His life. We watched Him heal, bless, teach, and love. We watched Him pray in Gethsemane and we watched Him suffer. We watched Him atone for our sins. We watched Him defeat death and rise to live again. And I'm sure, as we watched Him reunite with the Father, we felt the weight of the agency that comes with life on Earth. We knew that, despite what we had just witnessed, there would be times on Earth where we would forget Christ and turn away from Him. I can't imagine how sorry we felt, and nevertheless, Christ loves us unconditionally and welcomes us with open arms. I know that through Christ we can find purpose, fullness, reason, joy, hope, light, motivation, strength, and an ability beyond our own to love. 

We watched this video in Spanish this week and it gets me every time - so powerful. Here's the link in English:

Love you all so much! Have the best week!
Hermana Harris














- temple
- 12-D Sisters!
- District!!
- Hermana Bradford's birthday!
- District (x2)
- We found the Spanish flag!
- BYU friends in the MTC!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tortillas Americanas 10/24/22

an apple a day ๐Ÿ˜ต‍๐Ÿ’ซ 12/6/22

wight christmas 1/2/23